So, European SharePoint Conference 2013… lots of fun, lots of friends and an absolute goldmine for business contacts.
My session - Building SharePoint 2013 Apps - Architecture, Authentication & Connectivity API – rolled out a score of 8.2/10. Not bad, I even got a mention that it was in the highest ranking talks.
What I spoke about:
- A quick technical overview of SharePoint Apps, just to set the scene
- Why we need to consider Apps
- How Apps “work” inside of SharePoint – the app domain, IIS and DNS, how the Site Subscription Service and App Management Service come into play and what their role is
- Authentication – How OAuth works with a neat demo in Fiddler
- Server-2-Server Authentication – How to set up S2S and how it differs from OAuth
- Token fun – context, refresh, bearer, access tokens and whatever else I could throw in
Unfortunately I didn’t have time for App licensing and REST/CSOM communication.
Another cool galleons galore step for me – I got recognised as the Top Influencer for Bulgaria: